segunda-feira, maio 17, 2010

Sunday 09– Today I really had food for my thought. I kept wondering if I don’t expect too much from people. I try to be a cool guy, really. I respect and expect to be respected. I feel pleasure in being polite and receive in return grateful smiles. That’s me. I’m saying this because it relates to what I say in the video. I’m really glad you’re here reading it. Thank you


Domingo 09 - Hoje tive o bastante para uma reflexão. Fiquei pensando se não espero demais das pessoas. Eu tento ser um cara legal, de verdade. Eu respeito e espero ser respeitado. Sinto prazer em ser educado e receber em trocar sorrisos de gratidão. Esse sou eu. Digo isso porque tem relação ao que eu digo no vídeo. Estou muito feliz que vocês estão aqui lendo isso. Muito obrigado.




*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***


Monday 10 – Today while hanging out in Manhattan I was approached by two girls who worked in a bar called Haven. They invited me to see the place. The interesting thing about the bar is that they have a game of questions and answers. Each table forms a team. We write the answers in a paper and turn them in to the hostess. I felt a dumb, I missed almost everything but c’mon, gimme a break. The majority of the questions were about American culture: What quarterback was more efficient in 2009 season? Which American actress died in a car accident in the 80’s? Well…the only ones I got were: Who said “I think, therefore I am”?, Which villain says “Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? And the 5 sports that make the pentathlon. 3 out of 20….good enough.



Segunda 10 - Hoje ao passear em Manhattan fui abordado por duas garotas que trabalhavam num bar chamado Haven. Me convidaram pra conhecer o bendito e lá fui eu. O interessante do bar é que eles têm um jogo de perguntas e respostas. Cada mesa é um time. Escrevemos as respostas num papel e entregamos para o hostess. Me senti um ignorante, acertei quase naaaada mas me dêem um desconto né. A maioria das perguntas eram sobre cultura americana: Qual quarterback foi mais eficiente na temporada 2009? Que atriz americana morreu num acidente de carro nos anos 80? Bom...as únicas que acertei foram: Quem disse “Penso, logo existo?”, Que vilão diz “você já dançou com o diabo sob a luz do luar? E os 5 esportes que compõem o pentatlon. 3 em 20...bão dimai sô!


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***


Tuesday 11 – Today some guys were dancing on the subway. Nothing that I haven’t seen before but it’s always nice to see.



Terça 11 - Hoje uns caras estavam dançando no metro. Nada que eu não tenha visto antes mas é sempre legal de ver.





*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***


Wednesday 12 The other roommate I have got back from Italy. He’s a crazy guy nevertheless nice. Well…. Today I was cooking pasta which by the way I learned recently and he wanted to try. Not fair at all, is it? An Italian guy willing to try the pasta cooked by a Brazilian who has just learned it! To make things worst, he loves to cook Hahahahah He was polite with me and said it was good. Check the video ! He’s crazy….I’m telling you…



Quarta 12 – O outro colega que tenho aqui voltou da Itália. Ele é lokinho porém gente boa. Bom... Hoje eu estava cozinhando macarrão que a propósito aprendi recentemente, e ele quis provar. Não é justo, né? Um Italiano querendo provar o macarrão de um Brasileiro que acabou de aprender a cozinhar. Pra piorar ele adora cozinhar Hahahah Ele foi educado e disse que estava gostoso. Veja o vídeo! Ele é loko.....tô falando...







*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***


Thursday 13 – Tonight I went to a Thailandese restaurant. The food is hot hot hot. It’s good but spicy ! If you ever try it, order the “Pad Thai”. The most popular!



Quinta 13 – Nessa noite foi num restaurante Thailandes. A comida é queeeeeeeente! Boa porém picante! Se quiser provar, peça o “Pad Thai”. O mais popular!


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Friday 14 Reflection day. Today I felt like going home. Seriously, it’s strange…. I miss family, friends, I miss the food, the soccer, the gym, the samba-rock, de los panderos, the hugs…people don’t hug around here. But in the other hand I feel like spending more time visiting places around here, other cities nearby etc….Strange feeling.


Sexta 14 – Dia de reflexão. Hoje deu vontade de picar a mula. Serio...é estranho....Sinto falta da família, dos amigos, sinto falta da comida, do futebol, da academia, do samba-rock, dos pandeiros, dos abraços...ninguém se abraça por aqui. Mas em contrapartida eu sinto que quero passar mais tempo por aqui visitando os lugares, outras cidades etc...Sensação estranha.




*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Saturday 15 - Today I went to Guggenheim Museum. The current exposition is called “Hunted”. I had the chance to listen to the audio device explaining the story of each piece. It’s incredible. I found out for example that Picasso was a cheater Hahahah And that’s how one of his famous paintings was created, Woman with Yellow Hair (Femme aux cheveux jaunes), December 1931. He painted his mistress. ;) I didn’t have the audio device when I went to Metropolitan. Now I regret and want to go back to listen to the story of each armor, painting, sculpture, etc…. If you ever go to these museums, don’t think twice and rent the audio device !!!


Sábado 15 – Hoje fui ao Guggenheim Museum . A atual exposição chama-se “Hunted”. Tive a chance de ouvir o dispositivo de áudio explicando a história de cada peça. É incrível. Descobri por exemplo que Picasso era um safadão Hahaha E assim nasceu uma de suas famosas pinturas, Mulher do Cabelo Amarelo (Femme aux cheveux jaunes), December 1931. Ele retratou a amante. ;) Eu não tive o dispositivo de som quando fui ao Metropolitan. Agora me arrependo e quero voltar lá pra escutar a história de cada armadura, pintura, escultura, etc......Se forem nesses museus, não pensem duas vezes e aluguem o dispositivo de som !!!


*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Sunday 16 - Today I went to a city called Fort Montgomery- NY. It’s a beautiful and peaceful city in the west bank of Hudson River. At lot of green and bridges to take pictures of. Luckily I had a blue sky above me. The city has many historical events and played an important role in the American Revolution. Pictures soon in my Orkut (if they’re not there already)


Domingo 16 – Hoje fui à uma cidade chamada Fort Montgomery- NY. É uma cidade linda e calma na região Oeste do Hudson River. Muito verde e pontes pra tirar foto. Por sorte tive o céu azul sobre mim. A cidade teve muitos eventos históricos e teve um papel importante na Revolução Americana. Fotos em breve no meu Orkut (se lá já não estão )




3 comentários:

Fabiana Oliveira disse...

acho que vc precisa vir embora para o nosso aconchego brasileiro... vc num é dessas reflexões..rs

Anônimo disse...

Nunca imaginei que vc tivesse blog!!

Agora não vou conseguir ler tudo, mas to adicionando aos favoritos pra ler depois...

O que ta fazendo aí longe?!

Bjs

Mariowil R. Williams disse...

My WAXED Friend... Never Mind about Fabis Comment. You know what ? Being in a foreign country is an AMAZING Adventure. ENJOY the RIDE my Wing Man. Cheers!!!