segunda-feira, abril 26, 2010


There’s always some truth in people’s humor

Friday 23 - Although we pretty much absorbed the American culture, there are still lots of differences I’m sure I won’t get used to. Today I went to the gym and I noticed that nobody talks to nobody. Nobody has the interest in talking to the others. If there wasn’t the music in the background the place would be in totally silence. People don’t greet each other when they arrive nor say goodbye when they leave. Where I come from, it’s rude ! Bunch of impolite !!! I’m kidding but it makes me feel homesick.

Sexta 23– Embora tenhamos absorvido a cultura Americana, existem muitas diferenças das quais tenho certeza que não vou me acostumar. Hoje fui à academia e notei que ninguém conversa com ninguém. Ninguém tem o interesse em falar com os outros. Se não fosse a música de fundo o lugar seria um silencio total. As pessoas não comprimentam quando chegam e não se despedem quando vão embora. De onde eu venho isso é rude! Bando de mal-educado !!! Tô brincando mas isso me faz ficar com saudades de casa.

*** *** *** *** *** ***


Saturday 24 - So far there are two things that remind me of Brazil, McDonalds and instant noodle. Ironic, isn’t it? An American company and a Chinese invention. Hahaha. I rarely go to McDonalds but today I had to. I needed something I was familiar with. It wasn’t cheap like I was expecting but not expensive that I would complain. I went alone but had the pleasure to meet Lorene, a forty two years old single mama from Alabama who had just moved from Bronx to Brooklyn. We spent a nice time talking during the meal. The subjects went from immigration till drama academy. Meet the critic Lorene!


Sábado 24
- Até então existem duas coisas que me fazem lembrar do Brasil, McDonalds e macarrão instantaneo. Ironico, não é? Uma empresa Americana e uma invensão Chinesa. Hahaha. Raramente vou ao McDonalds mas hoje I tive que ir. Eu precisava de algo familiar. Não foi barato como eu esperava mas também não foi tão caro pra eu reclamar. Fui sozinho mas tive o prazer de conhecer Lorene, uma mama solteira de 42 anos do Alabama que acabou de se mudar do Bronx para o Brooklyn. Passamos boas horas conversando durante a refeição. Falamos desde imigração até cinema. Conheça a criticante Lorene.






*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Sunday 25 – It was raining today but I couldn’t stay at home. I went to the Grand Central Terminal with my Japanese brother Tomoriro. The terminal is huge and beautiful. You get easily impressed checking how high the ceiling is. Later on, we went to another friend’s house in a cool neighborhood called East Village. There were a couple people plus some musical instruments. Guess what!? Mucha Musica baby! We spent hours and hours playing Rock. That's right! Rock! “Johny be Good” and things in this genre. I played the drums and you will notice on the spot cuz you’ll see I’ve been corrected three times. :$ What can I do? I don’t like Rock neither play the drums but we definitely had a great time. Check the outcome here.

Domingo 25 – Estava chovendo hoje mas não poderia ficar em casa. Fui ao Grand Central Terminal com meu irmão japonês Tomoriro. O Terminal é enorme e bem bonito. Você se impressiona facilmente olhando a altura do teto. Depois formos à casa de um outro amigo num bairro maneiro chamado East Village. Haviam algumas pessoas e mais uns instrumentos musicais. Advinha!?!? Mucha musica baby! Ficamos horas e horas tocando Rock. Isso mesmo, Rock! “Johny be Good” e outras coisas do genero.
Toquei bateria e vocês vão notar rapidinho porque vão ver que fui corrigido três vezes. Vou fazer o que né? Não gosto de Rock e nem toco bateria mas definitivamente curtimos bons momentos. Ouça a bagunça aqui.


Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

PH você é 10...amo você. Estou super feliz por você.
Beijos da amiga Bandida